Guckenheimer is an environmentally conscious organization, committed to leading the restaurant industry in practices that protect the environment. Our goal is to provide a healthy and nutritious restaurant experience, while maintaining sustainable practices that support our environment.
We strive to meet the highest environmental standards throughout our kitchens and feature the following standards and practices:
- Seasonal, local and organic produce
- High quality organic, free-range, grass-fed and naturally raised poultry, pork, lamb and hormone-free beef
- Fish and seafood caught and handled sustainably following the stringent guidelines of the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Cage-free shell eggs which meet the highest animal care standards and hormone-free dairy products from local sources
- Local and seasonal resources designed to reduce the use of high carbon foods through the manufacturing, transportation, preparation, packaging and waste process
- Energy audits on our equipment, promoting the use of energy conserving equipment
- Quality, biodegradable packaging made from renewable resources for all take out service
- Eco-effective systems to convert our waste and raw materials into renewable resources that work with nature such as canola and fryer oil into biofuel and food scraps that are turned into compost for local farms
- Customized waste management practices to reduce our carbon footprint throughout our organization
- Green Restaurant Association Certification
- We embrace these high standards and, with your support, will continue to provide innovative solutions that broaden the knowledge and consciousness of matters that impact the environment. It is our pleasure to be your leader of quality in the restaurant industry.
The Employee Owners of Guckenheimer